Define Your Priorities
When searching for a program in the United States, first look at your own priorities to find one that is your best fit. Your priorities may change over time, but they will help guide your program search. These are several key questions that you should think about:
- Why do you want to study in the United States?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- How will you pay for your education in the United States?
- Will you be seeking financial aid?
- What are your grades and English test scores?
- How large of an institution would you like to study at?
- Would you like to attend a private or public institution?
- How easily will you adjust to your new community and environment?
- Do you prefer living in an urban, suburban, or rural setting?
- Would you like to live on campus or off campus?